Schaumburg Oyanokai offers support to Dooley parents/guardians and Japanese educational and cultural opportunities solely to the Dooley community. Below are just a few examples:
- Annual Japanese Cultural Night
- Penpal Exchange program with Namerikawa-shi and Dooley Students
- Japan Trip for Dooley 6th graders that includes a visit to Schaumburg’s Sister City Namerikawa-shi
- Teacher Grants
- Tours / Field trips to local Japanese Companies and more!
Who can become a member of Schaumburg Oyanokai? Check out our MEMBERSHIP tab!
- A parent or guardian of a child currently enrolled at Dooley.
- Staff or administrative personnel associated with Dooley or Schaumburg School District #54.
- Other leaders of the community, Dooley Alumni, or representatives of other organizations as approved by the current Board of Directors.
How often does Schaumburg Oyanokai meet?
Monthly meetings are held throughout the year, usually at the Dooley Teacher’s Lounge. You do not have to attend meetings to be an SO member.
For meeting dates, please see the CALENDAR tab.